ObamaCare keeps being promoted by the Democrat controlled Congress who passed it as a great service to senior citizens. That couldn’t be farther from the truth. ObamaCare will be a very big disservice to seniors; but do seniors understand the truth.
The media and the Democrats in Washington continue to manipulate the senior citizens of this country into believing that ObamaCare will be perfect for them.
The politicians who are up for reelection are trying so hard to convince America that ObamaCare will solve everything and not hurt a bit. These politicians are schmoozing seniors in particular because seniors are a large voting block and they need their vote…don’t be fooled.
You don’t care about it, until it gets personal and really hurts. If you’re a senior or about to retire, ObamaCare will start to get very personal and oh will it ever hurt.
ObamaCare Gets Personal
Medicare Advantage Cuts
ObamaCare will force Medicare Advantage to raise premiums and reduce benefits. The following benefits will be cut:
- Prescription drug coverage
- Preventative care services
- Care for chronic conditions
- Routine physicals
- Additional hospitalization
- Skilled nursing facility
- Routine eye and hearing exams
- Glasses and hearing aids
Access To Care
- Approximately 77 million baby boomers will begin retiring in 2011.
- The demand for medical services will be huge.
- Because of ObamaCare many doctors are getting out of the medical profession.
- There will be a shortage of doctors, and an increase in the number of individuals who need care.
- The shortage of doctors will create long waiting times.
- Some doctors may continue to practice medicine but only take on non-Medicare patients who pay privately.
- Reimbursement rates from Medicare are much lower.
- Medicare pays doctors and hospitals less than what it costs to provide care.
- Doctors and hospitals have overhead expenses…equipment, office space, staff, nurses, malpractice insurance.
- Doctors and hospitals cannot stay in business if they get paid less than what than what they bring in.
- The taxes on drugs will increase.
- The taxes on medical devices will increase.
- Who uses more drugs and medical devices….seniors.
- The way Obama and his cronies in Congress look at seniors…they will be expensive.
- Companies that pay dividends will be paying less in dividends because dividend payments will be facing a tax hike under Obama’s tax hikes.
- The tax rates on qualifying dividends will go from 15% to 39.6% starting on January 1, 2011…how’s that hope and change working for you?
- Seniors rely heavily on dividend income to supplement their Social Security and Pension payments.
- So these tax hikes will greatly reduce the annual income of seniors.