Will Rand Paul Be Different?
Senator Rand Paul is one of two Kentucky Senators who have Republican values (Mitch McConnell being the other Republican Senator from Kentucky). Unless you closely follow politics or live in Kentucky you may not know too much about Senator Rand Paul. The main street media will tell you all about him with their slanted spin of course (which includes zero facts) so we will inform you with the facts.
What Rand Paul Supports
There are so many issues that Americans wish their elected representatives would address but they do not; instead these politicians focus on their own agendas. So what makes Ran Paul different?
- He is popular with young people for starters. But it’s not the type of popularity that Obama had when he was new on the scene; it’s not the community organizer popularity. Senator Rand Paul is genuine and authentic vs phony and flashy.
- He has held office since 2011 so he is not a career politician (yet) therefore he does not have the baggage that comes with it.
- He seems to speak our language. When asked about Obamacare architect Jonathan Gruber’s weak, superficial apology, Rand Paul responded that there should be consequences for dishonesty. Americans feel that way also. Why aren’t more politicians speaking out about Jonathan Gruber?
- Senator Paul supports border security. He introduced a bill to prevent Obama from using executive action to bypass the Constitution and rewrite the immigration laws to allow millions of illegal aliens to become permanent American citizens. The Constitution clearly spells out Congress role in writing law; the president doesn not have the authority to come along anytime he so chooses and rewrite laws.
- He supports smaller government (amen), lowering taxes and a reduction in federal spending.
All in all, Rand Paul is a solid, forthright individual who still believes in American values. That alone makes him different.
Rand Paul 2016
Will we see the Senator running for President anytime soon? The Senator has expressed an interest in running for President in 2016. He has been toying around with possibly running for both Senator and President but the law may stop him from running for both political offices at the same time. We will have to wait and see; in the meantime focus on the facts about Rand Paul, not the spin.