This is written in the Declaration of Independence…
…We hold these truths to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness…..
When the Founding Fathers wrote …the pursuit of happiness… in the Declaration of Independence do you think they meant that the government would hand you happiness? Ummmm, guess again.
Do you think the Founding Fathers meant that happiness is a right or a government guarantee? Ummmm, yeah right.
Why Won’t ObamaCare Bring Happiness?
The dictionary defines “pursuit” as “the act of pursuing, an effort to attain, the act of striving after…”
The Pursuit of Happiness
- The pursuit of happiness referred to in the Declaration of Independence is not a right.
- The pursuit of happiness is not a guaranteed.
- The pursuit of happiness is having the opportunity, based on individual freedoms, to attain happiness.
- Government entitlement programs are not what our Founding Fathers had in mind when they wrote the “pursuit of happiness” in the Declaration of Independence.
- The pursuit of happiness doesn’t mean the government handing you happiness in the form of free entitlements.
- To the Founding Fathers, words had meaning, words meant something. They would have used another word if the just wanted your shallow happiness to be based receiving stuff from the government.
- The Founding Fathers understood that freedom, not government handouts, is what will help you in your endeavor to pursue happiness.
- ObamaCare is another government entitlement program.
- But ObamaCare is worse because we are all being forced to buy into it.
- And then if you don’t buy ObamaCare, you will have to pay a fine.
ObamaCare: Are you Happy Yet?
- ObamaCare will not make you happy, in fact, it will make you very unhappy.
- ObamaCare will be taking away your freedom over making decisions about your own body.
- To help pay for ObamaCare you will be over taxed.
- The government will be keeping more of your hard-earned money; and you will be keeping less of it.
- You will see less of your family because you’ll have to work more hours.
- You will have less time for hobbies and relaxation because you will have to work more.
- How’s that for happiness, you work longer hours, for more years than you planned on working in order to help the government pay for an entitlement program that you didn’t want but are being forced to buy into….does that sound like happiness to you???
Our Wise Founding Fathers
Our Founding Fathers had the foresight to understand that giving too much power to governments could become destructive. They also understood that future generations would have to carry forward with the same resolve that they had to keep the power in America balanced.
Well guess what, we’re failing to carry forward.
We Must Do Our Part
We have become such a stupid nation.
We have allowed the government to become an all powerful, all knowing, messiah-like entity. Why? When did we start trusting government?
Why are we letting the self-serving representatives in Washington force us to buy something. They can’t do that, but we’re not stopping them.
But we can change that. We can stop the madness. We can go to the polls on November 2nd and fire the group of cowards in Washington who don’t care about our well being, they only care about themselves.
Vote America, make a difference.