Personal Liberty Poll
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has issued a new warning about raw milk consumption after 12 people became ill following consumption of raw milk from a herdshare dairy in Colorado.
The people affected were tested positive for Campylobacter jejuni. Two milk samples — one from the dairy and one from an ill shareholder — tested positive for the bacteria.
The CDC’s warning prompted the propaganda media to go into full anti-milk mode. The website ArsTechnica — which quotes the father of medicine, Hippocrates on its “About Us” page and claims to be devoted “to accuracy and integrity, flanked by a willingness to leave each day’s meaningless, click-bait fodder by the wayside” — began its sophistic and circular anti-milk screed this way:
There has been something of a renaissance of raw milk in recent years. And, not surprisingly, the dicey drink of bygone eras is also reviving disease outbreaks.
It also claims:
Since 1987, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has banned the distribution of unpasteurized milk across state lines, noting the obvious health benefits of ridding the popular dairy product of pathogens.
What argle-bargle. There’s little “accuracy and integrity” in the article, which does nothing more than regurgitate the CDC’s talking points on raw milk.
The FDA’s position is that natural products — like raw milk, which man has consumed as far back as time can be recorded — are illegal and harmful. So violent is the government’s opposition to raw milk that it often conducts armed military-style raids on health food stores and organic farms when there is suspicion that raw milk or some other non-approved product might be being sold.
And whenever some disease or outbreak can be attributed — no matter how vaguely — to a natural product, the FDA and CDC will do so with abandon, and the mainstream media are more than eager to provide an assist.
Campylobacter is one of the most common bacterial infections in humans. It produces diarrheal and systemic illnesses, and sometimes bloody diarrhea or dysentery syndrome results.
But chickens may account for 50 percent to 70 percent of all human Campylobacter infections, according to Medscape. There’s no evidence the CDC considered chicken consumption as the source. And no one is calling for a ban on eating chicken despite that fact that more than half of all Campylobacter infections are caused by chickens, and Campylobacter infections among people drinking raw milk are extremely rare.
Of course, chicken farming is big business in America, as is the commercial/factory farm dairy business. But commercial/factory farm animals are grown in close, crowded and unsanitary conditions and are laced with antibiotics and growth hormones to keep them “healthy” and make them produce more milk faster.
Raw milk producers, on the other hand, are small operations that most often use organic farming methods and their cattle are free range, living healthy, stress-free lives, breathing clean air and getting exercise as nature intended.
Since raw wholesome milk began to be phased out 60 years ago under the pretense of health, live, whole, fresh milk has been replaced with pasteurized and later homogenized “milk.” This U.S. is one of just a few industrialized countries that ban raw milk sales. Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Holland, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Denmark, Sweden, Ireland, Italy, Finland, Netherlands, Great Britain and Wales all allow the sale of raw milk under certain conditions much more liberally than in the U.S.
Commercial milk is a product of commerce and has absolutely no similarity to whole cow’s milk except both are white. Commercial milk is dead. All the enzymes and nutrition have been killed with heat. It won’t sour like whole milk does; it rots because it is dead. It is a negative food and it’s dangerous. Most people can’t digest it.
The late Dr. F. M. Potenger, Jr. observed that cats lost their teeth, became decalcified in bone structure, and incurred liver disease, heart disease, arthritis, constipation and stomach ulcers when fed pasteurized/homogenized milk on a long-term basis.
Government inspectors confirm that processed heated milk is dead and lifeless and okay for sale to the public by their alkaline phosphatase enzyme test. This enzyme must be dead or the milk cannot be sold.
Without the live alkaline phosphatase enzyme, processed milk is worthless for bone health. The alkaline phosphatase enzyme is the live ingredient in raw milk that causes the formation of bone. The American people are denied this bone-forming food though they drink millions of gallons of “milk.”
Bone will not renew without this enzyme. Also there is the appearance of bone pain in the lower limbs.
So we have widespread osteoporosis because we drink dead milk which is not fit for human consumption.
Studies suggest that homogenized milk may actually cause one of the very diseases it is supposed to help prevent — tooth decay! Milk may cause arteriosclerosis and thus heart attack, not because of the fat or cholesterol content, but because of the way the milk is altered by the homogenization process. Is the large commercial milk monopoly promoting a major health hazard?
Why are young children, teenagers and younger, now turning up with arteriosclerosis?
“The array of diseases associated with pasteurized (homogenized commercial) cow’s milk is truly staggering: otitis media, bronchial pneumonia, failure to thrive, diarrhea, anemia, gastroenteropathy, vomiting, malabsorption syndrome, atopic dermatitis, rhinitis, colitis, colic, anaphylactic shock, sudden infant death syndrome, and intussuseption (a telescoping of the bowel). Various difficulties of adulthood, including multiple sclerosis, coronary artery disease (heart attack), ulcerative colitis, and allergy in early childhood have been associated with cow’s milk,” writes William Campbell Douglas, M.D., in The Milk Book.
According to the book, Milk — The Deadly Poison, by Robert Cohen, 40 percent (according to the USDA) of the food Americans eat consists of milk or dairy. That means there is a high health risk from a hormone called insulin-like growth factor (IGF-1). This is a growth hormone that is a key factor in cancer development.
The reason IGF-1 is in milk is that commercial dairy farmers use rBGH — bovine growth hormone manufactured by Monsanto — to make cows produce more milk. BGH in the cow’s blood stimulates IGF-1 which then increases milk production. rBGH use raises IGF-1 levels to five times their normal amount.
When cow’s milk from animals given growth hormone is consumed by humans, especially non-infants, it behaves as a cancer-accelerator and is associated with breast, prostate and colon cancers.
Cohen writes that milk is a prime cause of allergies and that it can even kill your infant. Milk has been cited in medical research as the cause of asthma, diabetes, eczema, irritable bowel syndrome, leukemia and early sexual maturation of our children.
There are many spin-offs to this milk conspiracy, such as commercial baby formulas, margarine, “filled” milk, coffee creamer, and ice cream just to mention a few. You are surrounded! Imagine the billions in profits, not to mention the billions for Big Medicine “treating” the resulting diseases!
My friend and colleague Dr. Mark Wiley, a Traditional Chinese Medicine practitioner, writes, “There are many negative health factors associated with the consumption of milk and dairy products. Since most humans do not have the basic enzymes necessary to digest milk properly, the body lashes out with indigestion, irritable bowel syndrome (UBS), lactose intolerance, brittle bones, arthritis, type 2 diabetes, obesity, cardiovascular disease, shorter life span and ailments.”
The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine has determined, “Many Americans, including some vegetarians, still consume substantial amounts of dairy products — and government policies still promote them — despite scientific evidence that questions their health benefits and indicates their potential health risks.”
- Higher dairy intake has been linked to increased risk of prostate cancer.
- Higher dairy intake is linked to higher ovarian cancer risk.
- Cow’s milk protein may play a role in triggering type 1 diabetes through a process called molecular mimicry.
- Populations that consume more dairy have higher rates of multiple sclerosis.
- In interventional animal experiments and human studies, dairy protein has been shown to increase IGF-1 levels. Increased levels of IGF-1 has now been implicated in several cancers.
- In interventional animal experiments and human experiments, dairy protein has been shown to promote increased cholesterol levels (in the human studies and animal studies) and atherosclerosis (in the animal studies).
- The primary milk protein (casein) promotes cancer initiated by a carcinogen in experimental animal studies.
- D-galactose has been found to be pro-inflammatory and actually is given to create animal models of aging.
- Higher milk intake is linked to acne.
- Milk intake has been implicated in constipation and ear infections.
- Milk is perhaps the most common self-reported food allergen in the world.
- Much of the world’s population cannot adequately digest milk due to lactose intolerance.
Of course, they’re talking about processed, dead milk.
Do the milk processors know what they are doing? They are selling a white liquid that the buying public believes is milk and believes is good for their health. And they do so under the cover of and with the approval of the U.S health authorities and establishment medicine.
Conversely, raw milk provides a host of health benefits. Among them:
- It provides a host of beneficial bacteria, especially gut bacteria.
- It is rich in natural food enzymes: lactase, lipase and phosphatase number among many of these natural enzymes. Enzymes like phosphatase help the body to better absorb milk’s calcium while other enzymes like amylase and lactase help you digest the sugars present in milk. It’s the presence of the enzyme lactase that help some individuals who are otherwise sensitive to lactose better digest raw milk.
- The butterfat present in raw milk is rich in natural fat-soluble soluble vitamins, particularly preformed vitamin A, vitamin K and vitamin E. Raw milk is also rich in water-soluble vitamins like vitamin C and B-complex vitamins.
- Raw milk will clabber as its naturally occurring beneficial lactic-acid producing bacteria proliferate and turn raw milk into a probiotic-rich, yogurt-like food. Bonny clabber is a traditional food originally from Scotland, though most peoples across the globe enjoy similarly clabbered milks through their traditional food heritage. Clabbered raw milk is not only edible, but particularly healthful as its sugars have been metabolized by lactic-acid producing bacteria and continue to proliferate.
Raw milk is an incredibly complex whole food, complete with digestive enzymes and its own antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-parasitic mechanisms conveniently built into a neat package. It is chock-full of both fat and water-soluble vitamins, a wide range of minerals and trace elements, all eight essential amino acids, more than 60 enzymes, and CLA — an omega-6 fatty acid with impressive effects on everything from insulin resistance to cancer to cardiovascular disease. Raw milk is delicious medicine.
While selling raw milk is all but banned in the U.S., some raw dairy products are available for sale both online and from local farm co-ops and herd share operations. The ability to acquire these products or buy into co-ops and herd share operations vary by state. Online products are available from sites like U.S. Wellness Dairy and Seven Sons.