Since most Americans don’t know how ObamaCare will affect them and their families, here are some common questions you might have right now.
American Health Care Under ObamaCare
Health care will be free, right?
- Wrong, health care will not be free, that was just a campaign pitch.
- ObamaCare, which is universal health care doesn’t make health care free.
- ObamaCare simply puts the control of health care into the hands of the federal government.
- ObamaCare takes the control of your health and your body out of your hands.
Won’t everyone get health care under ObamaCare?
- Yes, but the quality of health care will most likely diminish.
- Due to increased costs medical care will have to be rationed.
- Drugs will have to be rationed.
Mr Obama said that the costs of health care will actually go down, isn’t that true?
- That is false, the costs of health care will not go down but will instead dramatically increase.
- Estimates on the cost of ObamaCare run from $938,000,000,000 (that’s $938 billion) to about $2 trillion (we couldnt’ put that many zero’s in).
Mr Obama said that if we like our current health insurance it won’t be changed.
- That may be true, if your employer decides to keep insurance.
- It may become so expensive for your employer to offer health insurance that it may be more economical for them to just pay the fines for not offering it.
Will I be able to buy private health insurance?
- If private health insurance is still available it will be so expensive that you probably won’t be able to afford it.
- And since it’s the law that you must own health insurance you will be forced to buy government insurance.
What if I don’t buy health insurance?
- You will have to pay a fine.
But isn’t the penalty amount only a small dollar amount?
- Who cares how small the penalty is. That is totally not the point…the point is that it is unconstitutional for the government to force you to buy any thing.
If ObamaCare is unconstitutional how can they make us buy it?
- Because Mr Obama and the Congress who excluded themselves from the rules and regulations of ObamaCare have a complete disregard for your constitutional rights.
So who will pay for ObamaCare?
- Healthy people, high income earners, individuals who have investments, rentals and collect royalties.
- Healthy people will be punished because they will have to pay higher insurance premiums.
- Payroll taxes will increase on high income earners.
- If you earn over $200,000 as an individual or $250,000 as a family, you are considered high income earners.
- The Medicare Part A of your payroll taxes will almost double if you earn over $200,000 as an individual or $250,000 as a family.
- A brand new tax of 3.8% will be added to the already long list of taxes that we pay.
- The 3.8% tax will be on investment income, interest, dividends, capital gains and rental income.
How will the government know if I don’t buy insurance?
- The IRS will be hiring 16,000 to 17,000 agents to enforce compliance.
- The job of these new IRS agents is to make sure every single American owns health insurance.
So how can the government do all this?
- You gave them permission when you voted for hope & change in the last presidential election.